Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Decision

[Duchess], my lovely wife, notified me that both of our names are included in the name of this blog. So, it seems as if I must contribute to this new form of keeping way-to-many people in the loop of our daily lives. Anyways, as many of y’all who know us are aware, I have been on the journey towards law school for some time now.  What started off as an ember of interest has grown into a full-fledged fire of dedication and passion. I haven’t even cracked open a book or sat in a class, but for a reason unknown to me, I feel as if this is the road I was ment to travel. Some may choose to attend law school because their father or grand father did or maybe for the pursuit of riches (don’t be fooled, most attorneys are not wealthy), but I have chosen to attend law school for the opportunity it provides to make an impact on the world around me. I am well aware that this may sound somewhat naïve, but, as my father always says, “When preparation leads to opportunity, one achieves success.”

With all that being said, let’s move on to the long-awaited and significantly overdue decision….in the words of Lebron “The Chosen One” James, [Duchess] and I will be taking our talents to Tallahassee.  I feel extremely blessed to be able to study law at The Florida State University. Not only is FSU among the top 50 law schools in the nation and arguably the best in Florida, it also happens to be located in a wonderful city with endless possibilities.

All of this would not be possible without [Duchess]. She has selflessly dedicated the next three years of her life to support me while I attend school.  She is the joy of my life and I wouldn’t want to share this experience with anyone else.

Go Noles!

[Duke]

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am so impressed at you Duke for contributing to the blogging world! We are so excited for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha too funny! Taking your talents to tally! Great job DUKE! We were just talking about the move & your contribution to the blog the other night! The move is coming up fast. (:

    ReplyDelete